Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Tai Zi Heen, Prince Hotel.

I dont usually enjoy going to eat at the Chinese restaurants at hotels - primarily because they are halal (Note: I enjoy pork, thats why I always prefer non-halal places LOL). However, there are a couple of hotel's Chinese restaurants which I enjoy going to recently - one of it would be Prince Hotel for TAI ZI HEEN. =)

The sign at the entrance. =)

I have blogged about here before - I tried their dim sum, and then I also had their RM1 Peking Duck!!! *woooots*

Tai Zi Heen welcomes the Year of the Rabbit 2011!!!!! =P

I like their simple table setting - it gives you quite a cosy homely feeling.

Anyways, I had a very good experience this time around... I met a few of my regular readers!!!

BUT... before I go to that, let me start with the food first...

As always, the yee sang is a CNY dish. Hence - the salmon yee sang. =)

...in the spirit of 1Malaysia; come on lets lou sang!!! *HUAT AHHH*

The double boiled pearl shark's fin with bamboo pith and Chinese cabbage.

The bamboo pith is the spongy looking thingy, and it tasted pretty good. There were plenty of shark's fin as well, still in its comb form - the way I prefer it. I prefer to eat shark's fin in its comb form rather than in shreds cos it tends to taste nicer this way.

Braised dried oysters with fatt choy, baby abalone, sea cucumber and wok-fried greens. Not my favourite of food - cos I dont usually do greens, except for broccoli. But for Chinese New Year... the fatt choy must eat lahhh!!!

Traditional style steamed cod fish. Perhaps my most favourited dish for the night.

The cod fish was very fresh, and the Chef steamed it to perfection. 9.5/10!!!

Stir fried prawns with pumpkin sauce served on rice nest.

For some reason, I suspect there are some salted egg in there too, cos I thought I tasted it - plus it tasted damn goood!!! =)

...last but not least, the dessert!

Double boiled hasma with red dates and glutinous rice dumplings. The right refreshing dessert after a super heavy meal. =)

Here's a picture of the super nice lady who invited me, PLUS the nice guy who intro-ed me to her hahahaha.

Here's a random picture of the other table - u can see Ah Bok listening attentively.

The picture of my table LOL.

Anyways, they have 3 sets to choose from...


Chinese New Year Prosperity Set

RM 988++ for 10 pax

Chinese New Year Fortune Set

RM 1,288++ for 10 pax

Chinese New Year Wealth Set

RM 1,488 for 10 pax


Tai Zi Heen
Level 2, Prince Hotel & Residence Kuala Lumpur,
Jalan Conlay,
50450 Kuala Lumpur