Thursday, January 20, 2011

How to Entertain Yourself while on Air Asia? - Part 2.

When I went to Taipei earlier this month, I flew by Air Asia X. I have never tried the low cost long-haul carrier before - so I decided, why not try it out? The few things to note when you're flying Air Asia or Air Asia X? First.... you would be flying out from the LCCT.

Secondly, at the LCCT, you walk to your plane, on the tarmac/track. Rather than inside an airconditioned tunnel.

...what else are the key things to note?

It is strictly no frills, means there are NO free in-flight entertainment, no free food, nothing.

How to entertain yourself then while on Air Asia?


Of course, you can try to layan the air stewardess - there are a few hot ones. =)

And then you could try to read their 3Sixty magazine. =P

...in like 5 minutes.

Try to flip through the SkyShop in-flight sales catalogue...

Also in 5 mins.

Perhaps order something to eat?

They do have quite a selection in their menu. So do check them out.

...order some drinks too. Note: A Coke costs you RM6. =(

Or you could ask for their in-flight entertainment - for RM30 (with free headset)...

Mmmm....

What did I do then?

I saved up about 12 hours worth of movies/dramas/cartoons etc on my iPad...

...and then watched it all while on the flight then.

Family Guy... on iPad, while flying the no-frills Air Asia X. =)