Tuesday, July 20, 2010

THE SMOKING JACKET IS ON FIRE

Playboy just launched their new SFW website, TheSmokingJacket, and I had the pleasure of snooping around for awhile.  No, I didn't get any special access for being a blogger extraordinaire, just the standard look that you can all get.  At first glance it's pretty good stuff.  The only downside is that I can't embed and link videos here, only link...minor detail.

Playboy has always had a strong web presence, but given that a lot of the surfing that goes on is at work, it seemed like a logical move for them to create an anyday-anytime site. What sets it apart from the other sites out there, like this one, will be a plethora of self-created content.  In the words of Steve Dahl, "Content is king."  As you can imagine, writers associated with the Playboy brand have a much greater access to content.  While we can all search Google or ask Jeeves where to find beautiful women, gorgeous ladies are asking where they can find Playboy. It's probably not too bold to assume that there will be many profiles of their models, but I am anxious to see how much they do in the way of other entertainment.

They are already in bed with quite a few staple sites in the online world so the sky should be the limit.  I would never encourage you to leave The Skinny, but if you ever feel the need to venture outside my world, I have to recommend checking out TheSmokingJacket.  And TSJ staff, if you are looking to bring another into the fold, I will gladly lend my time and energy to your noble cause.

Here's a great video from TSJ to start you off.  Why We Love the 80s - Boner Jamz