Monday, September 20, 2010

Strange Letter # 29--A Letter to An Old Regret

Dear Regret,

It is difficult to write this letter because I do not know who to send it to. Lie anyone else, I am weak and falter. I make bad decisions and dwell on the consequences. But I resist as best I can, because every decision we make, good or bad, propels us dow our destined path.

Whatever will be, will be. There is no point in pouting too much about the bad choices or crowing too much about good fortune, either. All of it is a matter of time and chance. Look up Ecclesiastes 9:11 sometime. If Solomon, the wisest man who ever lived, believed the things that happened to us are mostly beyond our control, then who am I to argue?

I am going to keep this letter short and sweet. Regret, you are an imaginary Boogey Man who only has the power grated to you by emotionally damaged people. It is best for you to be a tiny weakling, there to serve as a reminder of mistakes learned from and nothing more.

Sincerely,
Jamie