Monday, May 31, 2010

All Time Favorites # 1--Reese Witherspoon

Number one on my all time favorites list should come as no shock to anyone who has been paying attention. I am the one who made burnt offerings in the name of Abby Cornish when Ryan Philippe got caught having an affair, so yeah, I am emotionally invested.

I have been a fan since her role in the Man in the Moon television movie back in her early teen years. I have been a stalker since 1999’s Cruel Intentions. Since then, we have had a few ups and downs as she refuses to acknowledge the undying love for me that I know is buried deep within her heart, but I am a man of infinite patience.

But seriously, she is a fine actress and very attractive woman. She has been in a number of films that have resonated with me at just the right time. Election, for one, came after some absurd experiences working in political campaigns and Legally Blonde during my first year of law school. Speaking of, I faced no argument more brutal in law school than defending Pleasatville from the fundamentalist Christians who saw it as the epitome of all that is celluloid evil. Then again, a fair amount of Regent University’s student body see satanic messages in their alphabet soup, so it is best just to role with it.

There is no way I could have chosen anyone else as my all time favorite.