Tuesday, February 10, 2004

Trials and Tribulations



It looks like we are switching horses in midstream. my Civil Pre-Trial professor has a new job teaching CLE (Continuing Legal Education) classrs to judges. He'll be heading up to Richmond in order to do so. he was always sort of a lacadaisical professor. this new fellow teaching the course certainly is not. He is an experienced litigator and seems to know what life in the trenches is all about. hopefully that class will now become what I expected it to be.



I talked to Chandra for the first time this semester. This is the first semester we'have not had a class together. Thsat was normally a comforting expectation, but is no longer there. Actually, many comforting things are no longer there. Anyway, she has decided to not take the South Carolina bar. Chalk up another one who will bypass the Palmetto State.



I also saw Laurie tonight. She had her baby with her. That was the first time I have met him. We recalled our time in the Trial Practice trenches last semester. I reintereated that i felt more antagonistic with my partner than with her as my opponent. She knew exactly what meant.



We're definitiely heading towards the end. Conversations now involve where one is planning to take the bar, who has a job, and the like. There is a mix of happiness and melancholy in the air. It's an interesting atmosphere.