Sunday, February 8, 2004

Holding the Line



It's after 1:00 AM, I've got class at 8:25 AM, and i haven't read the assignment yet. Federal courts is a huge ordeal. I still can't decided why Ithought it was a good idea. Oh, well. I'm really just writing this entry as an excuse to not read for class. You, my astute readers, have figured that out already.



I boght South Park: the Complete Third Season yesterday. That season is my personal favorite. I think the show hit its aprex that year. My favorite episodes were "Starvin Marin in Space," "Mr. Hanky's Chriatmas Sing-a-Long," "The Red Badge of Courage," and the two epiodes whose titles escape me--the one with Jennifer Anniston taking the kids to a concert in Costa Rica. There she s sacrificed by the natives (where'd she get the cheerleader outfit in the rainforest?) Also the one with Cartman's quest to find the Brown Note in order to gain revenge on some bullying kids from New York. I cackled like an old hag brewing over a cauldron watching those.



I also pulled in for my monthly haul of comics. I've given Bruce Jones well over a year to have something exciting happen in the Hulk. It hasn't happenedy et, but I can't tear myself away from it. There's just something compelling about his train wreck style of storytelling. Still, I miss the high adventureaspects of the Hulk. Thank goodness there are other comics out there to hold my attention. Sad that comicsstill thrill me now as much as they did when i was twelve. of course, since politics does, too, I don't feel quite so odd. Part precocious, part reverting. That's me.