Wednesday, February 11, 2004

Confirmations



I've been checking my bank account over the phone for the last few days. My application check for the bar exam hasn't been cashed yet. This naturally had me worried. I called the Bar Examining Board. The gentleman who answered the phone acted as though I was bothering me immensely and said,"We haven't run across your name." Now, as I was laying on the floor hyperventilating in a fetal position, he explained that they cash the check as they process the applications and use the postmark date to determine if the application is in on time. Sheesh. Freak me out, will you? They may not even look at the darn thing for months.



I've wondered today, looking back, how much I've changed. I wonder if it's that change that law school supposedly brings about. It supposedly makes one more aggressive and argumentative. I was already those things in abundance, not to mention nihilistic and bitterly cynical. Now I think I'm worst. Has it been school, or has it been life in general? Many rotten things have happened in the last few years. I'd like to know.



My neice came to Williamsburg with her AP History class. They got off the bus, tasted Virginia, and got back on the bus much quicker than they had planned. She said,"Virginia weather sucks." She's right. Virginia's weather does indeed suck.