Friday, February 13, 2004

Good Run of Bad Luck



As I predicted last night, I was called on in Federal Courts today. I had to fumble through yet another case. That makes twice this week. Surely that violates the cruel and unusual punishment prohibition of the Eighth Amendment. What’s worse is car was covered with ice this morning. Even the door was stuck. I was outside, shivering my rear end off while scraping the windshield and prying the door open with a cake knife. This was fyrher complicated by the fact that I had just cleaned my glasses in a rysh, so the lenseswere still damp. Yep, they froze over, too.



I gave a Valentine’s gift of a teddy bear to KDR. I knew she wasn’t really expecting it, and her reaction was priceless. I propped it up in front her books when she wasn’t looking. She jumped when she turned around to see it.



“He’s homeless. Would you like to have him?” I said. Ah, you should have been there. Like I said, it was priceless.



We had a power blackout earlier this afternoon for nearly an hour. It was probably just a reminder that today is Friday the 13th. Miraculously, nothing really bad happened. I assume it’s because my luck is so rotten most of the time, Friday the 13th can’t be that bad for me. It must be some balance of te universe sort of thing. Any metaphysics gurus want to tackle that one for me?