Thursday, November 11, 2010

Wish Smitty Well in Afghanistan

Smitty, longtime cohort of Stacy McCain, is shipping off to Afghanistan and has requested his farewell post become the most linked post on The Other McCain. I am happy to accommodate by linking here.

You should go wish Smitty well. Even if you do not read The Other McCain, Smitty is the one who assembles the Full Metal Jacket Reach Around and Rule 5 Sunday posts for the blog. I got the idea to do those weekend posts from there, so if you like them, you have Smitty to thank.

I would like to offer Smitty my thanks, too. not only for his service to his country on my behalf, but for often including my piddling little blog in the FMJA and Rule 5 Sunday round ups. He is also an ex-comic book geek, a status i could only hold in higher esteem if he was still one.

Godspeed, Smitty. Watch out for sand fleas.