Sunday, November 14, 2010

Gillian Anderson

Gillian Anderson is a deliberate choice for today. Tomorrow, I am going to begin reviewing The X-Files.

You may note I have stopped with The Wild Wild West reviews even though there are twelve episodes remaining. Two recent bouts of shall we say “unpleasantness” have thrown me off my groove. I will post the final dozen reviews in the near future when the whim strikes, but reviewing the series wound up as more of a personal indulgence than I expected. For an alleged cult classic remembered fondly by many, the series does not seem very popular on the web.

One assumes The X-Files will pan out better. There are still many dedicated fans, of which I am one. I am intrigued about running through the series again after all these years to see how anti-government paranoia and FBI agents chasing after shape shifting aliens plays in the post-9/11 world. It was, but some accounts, 9/11 that lead to the series’ rapid decline in popularity. I blame Robert Patrick, but that is just me.

At 202 episodes, The X-Files will be the biggest commitment I have made so far. Get used to seeing episode reviews. They will last well into 2011. If my luck does not change soon, maybe even 2012.