Tuesday, April 27, 2010

MARK INGRAM MEMORIAL HIGHWAY IN FLINT

I'm not really sure why Mark Ingram gets a highway named after him, and I get nothing. I donated $500 to Flint Schools last year and didn't get even a dead-end named after me. Seems like I am doing a better job of getting the Flint name out there than he is, even if posts about hometown events are few and far between.

Mark Ingram already has a Heisman Trophy and a national championship. He might soon have a stretch of highway named after him in Flint.
A bill pending in the Michigan Legislature would designate a stretch of Interstate 475 through Flint the "Mark Ingram Memorial Highway."
Ingram went to high school at Flint Southwestern Academy.
He won the Heisman last season as a sophomore with Alabama, which beat Texas in the BCS national championship game.
The Senate Transportation Committee is scheduled to consider the bill designating the highway in Ingram's honor May 4. via