Thursday, October 28, 2010

Formspring Question # 49--In Doggerel, I Would Imagine Edition

Why does my neighbor's dog keep telling me to murder women?
Because dogs are man’s best friend, not women’s. The notion implies a chauvinistic gender favoritism in the extreme. Extreme chauvinism promotes a sense women have less value than men, and therefore can be treated as lesser beings. The attitude allows the chauvinist to justify violent behavior towards women. In extreme cases, this can include murder.

Dogs are, of course, text boo cases. Note how they routinely refer to their women as “bitches.” Go to a dog pound, and you will here that word more than at a Jay-Z concert. None blink an eye at its use. Even the women are resigned to it.

You did not ask for my advice, but if I were you, I would just ignore the dog. They are pack animals inclined to assume a dominant role if you allow them to do so. You should not. The human should maintain the alpha dog role in every relationship with a canine. Even if you are just neighbors, you need to be in control.

David Berkowitz did not heed that advice. Look what happened to him.