Saturday, October 16, 2010

Caprica--"Retribution"

I expressed doubt whether I would give Caprica another shot, but my Tuesday night entertainment choices were staring at a hospital room ceiling while dwelling on the thought of eating anything other than another bowl of broth or watching Caprica. Sadly enough, the latter only narrowly won out.

There is nothing to recommend anyone to watch other than the train wreck aspects of it. In other words, I do not particularly like the show, but it is such a mangled mess, I feel compelled to watch. I do think “Retribution” is my last episode, though, barring any exciting happenings for the series of which I catch wind.

Aside from some further machinations of Daniel Graystone attempting to get his company back, the episode is about Sister Clarice seeking revenge for a botched monotheist terrorist act tat went wrong because Lacy lost her nerve. Sister Clarice kills three members of the terrorist cell and kidnaps Lacy. Meanwhile, the police recruit Amanda Graystone to spy on Sister Clarice. Instead, it dawns on her Sister Clarice is responsible for recruiting Zoe into monotheistic terrorism, so she considers killing Sister Clarice herself.

That is about it. Nothing fancy, nothing compelling, and nothing that makes me want to come back for more. Unlike its parent show, Battlestar Galactica, which made me want to see the next episode as soon as the credits rolled on the current, thereare no wham moments to be had.

Rating: ** (out of 5)