Monday, January 26, 2004

Snowflakes in January



You'll have to forgive the title, but I'm from South Carolina. Snow anytime is odd, much less in January. Regardless, there is about two inches of snow on the ground. The storm is heading north, so it's expected that the snow will turn to slush and start fading away sometime tomorrow. I wandered around the village roday with my camera and took some nice pictures of the white trees and buildings. it added a character to everything that this purgatory of a state usually doesn't have. in fact, it made Virginia...almost...tolerable. For about ten seconds. Then I remembered the Palmetto State. Yes, it was a close one, but much like this snow, it just wouldn't stick.



I talked to Mike today. He is going through the BARBRI barreview course. He has to learn and memorize the nuances of two sets of law: the general principles of the multistate and the quirks of North Carolina law. They aren't always the same. He said he wouldn't wish this on his worse enemy. We used to say the same thing about law school. I haven't changed my mind about that, either. The study of law should be incorporated into our judicial system as a punishment.



JUDGE: I sentence you to three years at the Regent University School of Law.



PRISONER: Oh, please your honor! Have mercy!



JUDGE: And if I see you here again, you're getting an LL M in Corporate Taxation.



PRISONER: *uncontrollable sobbing*