Wednesday, January 28, 2004

Ponderings



First, why did I take Federal Courts? It has a reputation for being impossibly difficult that everyone is aware. That means it's a very small class, so the odds of gerring called on to publicallty anayze acase pretty much guarantees a weekly grilling. Plus, it's first thing in the morning, when it's coldest. Top that off with it being essentially another semester of Constitutiona law, and you have a deadly combo.



Second, why did i sign up for Civil PreTrial? I thought it would be a general class on pleadings, depositions, and the like. Instead, it is a Virginia specific procedure class. i have to trudge through tons of Virginia statutes in order to do the work. Ninety percent of what goes on there will be completely seless to this South Carolina boy.



Third, why am I still maintaining office hours at the journal when my role in the latest issue is already completed? Seems my time coud be spent more productively elsewhere. I'm wondering if these thoughts are student burnout?