Sunday, August 24, 2003

The End of the Line



Today is the last day of summer vacation. Classes will start tomorrow. Now, I'm miffed that my vacation is over, because I know I will be constantly working from now until the end of May with very little time off. A the end of all that, I have to uprot my life, go back to South Carolina, and face the bar exam. I'm happy to finally reach that poinr, but geez, the hurdles thatare still left to jump ove before I successfully pass the thing.



The thought has rumbled in the back of my mind wondering if I'm going to have a delayed reaction to my Mother's death. It's been easier since I haven't lived anywhere near her in years, but now I'll be going back there knowing there are no moreroots for me in my home town. Now, I have no intentionof ever living in my hometown again, but it is strange to know that era of my life is completely over, and i couldn't return to it even if I wanted to.



The complications of your life don't change as you get older, they just get more costly.