Monday, October 20, 2003

Recapping Our Top Stories



Friday morning, I met with Heather to map out our plan of attack on our upcoming mock trial. We agreed she would handle the breach of contract dispute and I, being the Tort Meister that I am, would handle the damages aspect. Apparently, I have a developed a knack for illiciting six figure awards out of a jury. I hope I can keep that up after I pass the bar, when we'll be talking real money and I can actually get a sizable chunk of that. We had yet another heat to heart. Heather is a person who has a dire need to always be virtuous and on the path of righteousness. I knew we'd never be able to move on from our previous spat until I took all the blame for it, so I bit the bullet. I can deprecate myself if it'll get the job done. Let's hope it finally has.



Saturday night, I was invited to a birthday dinner for Peter's cousin. It was a nice seafood restsurant, which was nice. I enjoy seafood, but haven't had any in quite awhile. Ironic, since I live near the beach. They had a disco dancing event while I was there and customers were welcome to humiliate themselves if they felt so inclined. I thought, "Ah, what the heck." I hadn't done the Hustle since Sissy and I parted ways those many years ago. I had a good time, even if I am no John Travolta.



I'm going to spend Thanksgiving in Texas with Peter and his parents. I think that will be a fun and interesting time. I like them all. Even though I've had relatively little contact with them, they've made me feel like part of the family. It's nice that they've taken in an orphan like me.



I bought and read Tucker Carlson's new book, as I said I would. A review shall be up in a while. I know you wait with baited breath. But for now, I'm headed off to read for tomorrow. I have a ton of things to do before things really tighten up in the next few weeks.