Thursday, October 2, 2003

Capone's Axiom



I haven't written in a few days, but I've been neck deep in a Machiavellian affair. My second partner in trial practice apparently wasn't too happy to be paired with me and evidently needs a little more time to teach, poor, incompentent little Jamie how to be a lawyer. She decided to volunteer us to move to a completely new trial a little later down the road. Of course, she made sure this was fine with all parties involved--except me. No, I get the announcement in class in front of God and everybody.



"Gee, you don't mind , do you, Jamie?"



"Noooo, of course not," I spit out through gritted teeth, which everyone else seemed to notice except her. I had to rectify that situation.



Anyway, I tracked her down and we had a little heart to heart regarding arrogance, condescendion, and the general state of affiars. I've put up with it for two years now. Enough is enough.



Hence, I have discovered Al Capone was right. You can get more reslts with a kind word and a two-by-four than you can with a kind word alone.