Thursday, October 9, 2003

Fall Break



Fall break started today. I could barely stay awake in Business Associations waiting for that clock to tick over to 10:10. Even then, i had to stick around for an Editorial Board meeting for the International Law Journal. To pass the time, I sat in the cafeteria having breakfast. I would up holding court (no pun intended) for a group of first year law students. Much like the situation when I was a 1L, they had rarely--if ever--gotten to really talk to a 3L, as we are ofte scurrying about like we're on a mission from God. (And as Regent students, we are.)



They made me feel so...old. Law school changes you. It makes you much more analytical, cautious about your words, and argumentative. I found myslef wondering if these guys and girls could possibly understand what's going to happen to them. The changes are gadual and subtle, but at some point, they will hit you right between the eyes. Regardless, I ried to answer thei questions honestly, ainly because no one did that for me when I was in their shoes. I never could figure out why everything other than the first year experience had to be a secret. I've probably done them more harm than good.



As far as the journal meeting, I've been moved up to Articles Editor and have taken over article acquisition. That's a promotion in the sense of, "twice the work, half the glory." Self inflicted, of course.