Monday, December 1, 2003

Thanksgiving



I'm back from Texas. It was great fun. I really liked being part of a big family, even though I wasn't really family. All of Peter's relatives were good to me. I worried that I might feel out of place, but they certainly made me feel like part of the group. His sister even gave me a birthday gift even though I had only met her once previously.



Dallas and Ft. Worth were neat places to vitist. The weather was unusually chilly, but that didn't stop me from playing tourist for a while. I took plenty of pictures, which will be scanned and posted eventually. My favorite was roaming around Dealey Plaza where President Kennedy was assassinated. There's still a heavyclous that hangs over that place. People had put flowers around the Plaza in honor of the 40th anniversary od the assassination.



I also had some quiet time to reflect and make a few hard decisions. I don't know that I will speak of them directly in my blog, but I'm certain the paths i've finally decided to take will become clear to all in the coming months. Perhaps it won't be as bumpy a ride as it has been.



Oh--to answer the number one question--no, I did not get a cowboy hat. I looked around, tried on a few, and really liked one that was the same style as Clint Black wears, but couldn't bring myself to actually get it. I am, alas, hatless.