Saturday, December 20, 2003

Cold, Cold Heart



I did not want to get up this morning to go to that bar review session. Unfortunately, today they were covering Property, which is my weakest subject. Ergo, I had to show up whether I wanted to or not. It snowed a bit yesterday, and there was ice everywhere. I only had one pop tart as breakfast type food in the house. Finally, its so cold here, I can barely keep the place warm. (Rev. Pat skimped on the insulation, it would seem.) In other words, today started out as a "Walked to school, in the snow, up hill both ways" day.



But, the good news is I scored higher on the Property practice test than I have on either Criminal Law or Evidence. I was surprised. As I said, Property was my worst subject as a 1L. Torts is tomorrow. I hope I can manage it well, as it was my best 1L subject.



I've been listening to the Beatles Greatest Hits 1964-1967 pretty much continuously for several days. Yes, I am an Elvis person, but I had forgotten how much I liked the Beastles, too. Hearing In My Life a few weeks ago for the first time in years brought back memories. Yes, i'm an old softie. I had to track the song down. Now I'm glad I did,