Sunday, December 21, 2003

Jingle Bells, Jangled Nerves



I finalized plans for Christmas break. I am leaving for my sister's on Tuesday afternoon. I still feel awkward, but since this is the first Christmas since Mother died, I'm chalking it up to that, rather than my usual cynical and suspicious nature. maybe this will not ge as stressful as I think it will be.



Speaking of stressful, rtomorrow will be the Contracts and Constitutional Law review. I've been sweating these practice tests. Like the plan says, I'm taking them cold, without any review, just to guage my basic knowledge. I'm running about 35-40% of the questions correct. I'm gad this is only preliminary, and I have 26 or so weeks to bone up. Fortunately, I am still scoring higher than many f the February bar takers in the class. I wouldn't want to be in their shoes with those scores. I'm gad I have the time to work on it. There are 3,800 practice questions to do from now until July.



(Yes, I am wondering why I thought law school was a good idea. Why do you ask?)



I wrapped Christmas presents today. This is the latest I have ever finished holiday shopping. Usually, I'm much more on the ball than that. I must be slipping in my old age. I hope everyone likes what I got them. I'm so out of it, I'm not even sure who has what interests anymore. I really hope my gift cheers up my oldest niece. She scored a 1010 on her SATs and thinks the world is coming to an end. I told her anything over a 1000 is respectable. I should have chosen my words more carefully. She's an overachiever, too. "Respectable" is so...plebeian. Heh.



I'm still cold. I hate Virginia.