Thursday, November 6, 2003

For the Record



Just to be thorough and thoroughly boring, the pre-trial conference went fairly well. We hammered out pretty much all the issues we plan to litigate and were 50/50 in our motion in limine. Yes, that does mean that I have lost my first motion before a judge, but my overall record is 4-1, so I can't complain. I also disn't count Heather's motion for summary judgment, which she, of course, lost. There was no way in Trial Practice class that the case was goin to be decided on the merits of no material facts in dispute. But she wanted to go for it, so who am I to question it.



You know, I've spoken ill of Heather here. I do not mean to give a bad impression of her. Yes, she is a pain in the butt, but so are most of my friends. It doesn't mean I don't like her. In fact, it might be the contrary.