Tuesday, November 18, 2003

Aftermath's Aftermath



Sympathetic ear found, didn't sink any lower, but still floating around in the doldrums. Thanks go to my buddy "LN" regardless.



Much weirdness has ensued. It's just one of thoseodd things that whewn you are feeling melancholy, Fate lines up to kick you in the butt yet again. Tonight, I was standing in line at a cafeteria when I absentmindedly glanced to my right. I saw a ghost from my past--or so I thought. It looked so much like Lenna that for a moment I tried to decide how the heck she could be in Virginia. My second thought was, "Why, God, why?" before i realized it wasn't actually her. Few people have wounded me as deeply as she had. I've put it behind me, yes, but tonight's encounter put the thought back in my head: how's it going to go when I step into a courtroom in Charleston sometime in the near future, and she's sitting at opposing counsel's table? Well, tonight I came up with the answer.



I'm going to mop the floor with her.