Saturday, March 6, 2004

City of Angels=Cuervo Nation?



Los Angeles Ponders Selling Naming Rights: That's what I love about America: everything is for sale. Surprisingyl enough, L.A. would be following in the footsteps of New York City, which sold its rights to Snapple. I think there is a big difference between claiming Snapple as your city's official beverage and tequila, but, hey, it isn't my city. If itwere, I'd hold out for a heck of a lot more than $1 million--especially with a $250 million shortfall. I'll bet city councilmen swindle more than $1 million every year each. Geez, guys. Negotiate some, will ya?



Remember a name from this:Eric Garcetti. He'is the son of District Attorney Gil Garcetti, who survived Rodney King, the riots, and OJ, so you know the guy's got some political genes. He's also a Rhodes Scholar who's a shhining star in the Young Democrats. He may be a city councilman now, but you can tell he just oozes ambition. He'll be in Congress before the decade is out. Mark my words.