Monday, March 1, 2004

Change of Pace



Some didn't care for that last post. I did say in the above disclaimer tat anything and everything could show up here. Oh, well. I guess the axiom that if it interests you, it will interest someone else isn't a hard and fast rule. Heh heh. Anybody going to see one of those spider crabs in your sleep tomight?



I've done quite a bit of research on locating legal jobs in South Carolina. While I am still in the phase of applying for just about anything outside of corporate law (which is an ickey subject, let me tell you) I am narrowing it down to focus on the career I really want--criminal and civil litigation. It looks more and more like the solicitor's office is the best place for me. It would offer litigation experience, plus criminal aw logically flows: thedefendant is accused of a crime, there are three elements to the crime, prove all three down the line. Boom. Boom. Boom. Plus the appearances in court give privateemployersa chance to see you in action, whereas by going to a private firm, I'd be in a library for the entire first year and sitting second chair long thereafter. So, it's a short time sacrifice forlongterm gain.



Yes, I hope i gt fortunate with a private firm instead. But I'm a realist. Clients should appreciate that about me. I'm still hoping to land a job somewhere on the coast, although i spent the best years of my life in Columbia. I'll bet I'd feel right at home there. I'd better. There won't be any other homeonce I leave Virginia. Hold on--let me dwell on that lovely thought (Leave Virginia...leave Virginia.. ) Wow i feel better. Anyway, more on my future later as things become clear as mud.