Monday, June 28, 2010

Introducing Apocalypse Cinema

I had been debating for a while how to incorporate movie reviews into the Eye. I could not figure out how to make the individual reviews fit comfortably in with the rest of the content here while still being easily accessible. I wanted an easy way to list every movie review so you could conveniently click right on the review you wanted to read. Alas, the only way I could do that was to put them on a separate blog devoted solely to movie reviews. So that is what I did.

Apocalypse Cinema is the place where I am going to periodically review any movie I see that merit some comment, for better or for worse. I say periodically because I was planning to write reviews here whenever the mood struck, not on any set schedule. So Apocalypse Cinema might be updated once a day for a long time or once a month for an even longer time.

I will probably link to new reviews here if they become that infrequent just as a convenience. Science fiction film may get the cross posting treatment, but exclusive content will rule the day now that I have transferred all the existing movie reviews from the Eye to there.

As a bonus, I have never before seen reviews for all four Rambo movies up now so you can judge how the movie reviews are going to go. They are virtually identical to my television reviews here, but it is still a work in progress. Changes will come as necessary.

The eye is still my login focus, so nothing is going to change here in frequency or content. I am just could not fid away to squeeze in my Roger Ebert routine into what is already here.