Sunday, June 29, 2003

Easy Like Sunday Morning

I decided to lay my paper aside and goof around. It was Saturday, after all. I was going to the movies, but i never got around to it. Technically, then, I let frivolous things keep me from doing a frivolous thing. I feel so worthless. I think I may go to the movies this afternoon anyway. As an old panelogist (kudos if you know what that is) I've been anxious to see the Hulk. That will probably be my destination.

I heard the Eagles new song, Hole in the World on the radio yesterday. The band isn't releasing a new albumfor their Farewell Tour, just this single. I may seek it out. The Eagles are my favorite band ever. It's a rare group in which every member is multitalented. Eachof them can write, sing, and play the living fool out of their instruments. I've never seen them live, and since this is their Farewell Tour, this is my last chance. I've got three weeks off between classes and the MPRE in August, so I looked for a concert date nearby. Turns out, they are playing DC on July 25. I'm thinking about going.

I tackled one of the books on my To Read stack today as well, Conffessions of a Dangerous Mind, the autobiography of Chuck Barris. While it was an entertaining read, I didn't buy the "autobiography" bit. If you missed it, Barris claimed to be both a gameshow producer and a CIA hitman--hired by the CIA because he answered a want add. Indeed. If you don't take it too seriously, it's a fun read. A little trashy in places, but what do you expect from the man who gave us The Gong Show?