If you could go back in time and change one thing, what would it be?I have warped my mid with enough science fiction to not give an obvious answer to that question. History is a tapestry. Yank at one thread, no matter how insignificant it may seem, and you cannot predict what all will come unraveled.
If I had the chance to go back in time, I would have to settle for a Quantum Leap-esque slice of life change and hope the future trickle from it has more good than bad results. That is all we can hope for from any decision we make.
In that case, I would go back to August 1995 to the night I filled out my college application and advise myself to not major in political science. Not the most grandiose of ambitions, no? I would probably get hit by a bus one day walking to a class I would not have normally been in as a political science student.
For something less self-absorbed, I would preserve the Library at Alexandria…somehow. What possible harm could more accurate information about the ancient world cause?