Thursday, June 10, 2010

Thirty Days of Lost # 18--Jate or Skate?

Neither one.

It is not just because I am not generally a ’shipper with any show, but the triangle between Jack/Kate/Sawyer was the most embarrassing aspect of the series. Consider it doubly worse when you count how many other, more mature romantic relationships were going on among secondary characters. Why was this juvenile mess at the forefront?

A wanted murder is not going to bounce between a wealthy, brilliant spinal surgery and a mangy con man with a ninth grade education. I do not care if they are on a deserted island from which they will likely never escape. Mutual interest between jack and Kate is not likely, nor should Jack feel Sawyer is a rival. At least, I never bought into the idea.

Honestly, did not both Jack and Sawyer stay perpetually annoyed at kate’s fickle nature?

Meh. I have tried not to dwell on who finally wound up with who. The question was never make r break for me. Neither one seemed like a particularly good fit.